Local Issues

The RHC Public Affairs Department proactively monitors and lobbies for legislation throughout the county in order to affect changes to the rental housing industry on a local level - that is, to the immediate environment in which you work and operate your businesses. The RHC makes informed decisions to support local candidates with pro-rental housing industry views and support or block ballot measures that impact the industry. By helping elect industry-friendly legislators with long-term community planning goals, the RHC can further the construction of multi-family housing units that will help ease the region's current housing crisis.

Some local issues that are particularly important to the County include:

Drought Response Plans

Updated 8-12-2014

2014 Mandatory Drought Restriction Information

Following multiple years of extreme dry conditions and record-breaking heat in the first half of 2014, Californians are being asked to increase their water conservation efforts. For some regions, restrictions are mandatory and violators will be subject to serious fines.

While Southern California has led the state in drought preparedness, the cutbacks will still be affecting residential and commercial properties in many areas.

As part of these new Level 2 restrictions, mandatory cutbacks include:

  • Limiting outdoor watering days and times
  • Watering only during the late evening and early morning hours
  • Eliminating runoff from irrigation systems
  • Repairing leaks within 72 hours
  • Turning off water fountains and other features unless they use recycled water
  • Using hoses with shut-off valves for washing cars
  • Serving water to restaurant patrons only on request
  • Offering hotel guests the option of not laundering towels and linens daily
  • Using recycled or non-potable water for construction when available

To find out about specific restrictions in your neighborhood, contact your local water provider. If you do not know the provider for your location, visit the following link to find out more: http://www.acwa.com/content/locate-your-california-water-agency

For tips and strategies for reducing use on your property, visit the following links:

Business License Tax/ Rental Unit Fee

City of Hemet  
Each apartment, mobile home rental space in mobile home park, business office, hotel, motel, storage building, ministorage building, open area storage space, convalescent home, nursing home, hospital and business of a like nature or similar character may require a certificate of compliance. A minimum of $40.00 per year will be charged for the first three units, plus an additional $1.00 per year for each unit or space over three in number.

City of Murrieta  
Click on the link to access the fees related to Residential Rentals and Property Management.

City of Temecula
Click on the link to access the application.